NORTH EAST ESSEX and SUFFOK PATHOLOGY PARTNERSHIP
Quality, Compliance, Customer Focussed
Job title: Specialist Biomedical Scientist
Department: Blood Sciences
North East Essex and Suffolk Pathology services is a partnership of Colchester, Ipswich and West Suffolk hospitals that was formed on 5 May 2017. Our vision is to deliver innovative, high-performing pathology that is focussed on our customers and delivers high quality and fully compliant services.
Our partnership is clinically led and designed to achieve the benefits of scale that can be achieved by three hospitals working together, while remaining close enough to our customers to meet their needs and support the excellent clinical care provided by our hospitals.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best pathology staff and if you want to work with us to develop your own career and help us achieve our vision then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a Specialist Biomedical Scientist who will be responsible for the:
• Processes specialist investigations in department
• Provides specialist advice to clinicians as to appropriateness of tests and timescales
• Provides specialist service e.g. training, problem solving for specialist requirement
• Work independently and lead on specialist area as directed by Lead BMS
• Acts as mentor for more junior scientific and support staff
• To work flexibly in reflection of service needs this may include an extended working day and/or participation in delivery of a 24 hour, 7 days per week service
• Supervises and/or trains less experienced staff in own area of work
• The work of the service brings staff into constant contact with human body fluids, tissues and hazardous chemicals. This may include blood, pus, urine, faeces, and respiratory secretions
• Maintain and promote professional image of the Partnership
• Where required, to lead and supervise a section of the laboratory.
This post is based at Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust. This is an acute general hospital which is located in Colchester, Essex; if you want to be part of a new, innovative service, please apply online.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).