This post attracts an additional payment of £1,000, to be paid in 2 instalments:
£500 to be paid on completion of probation
£500 on completion of 12 months employment.
This post is eligible for a £500 contribution towards the cost of housing to assist with the need to move home to start work at Colchester Hospital.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Endoscopy nurse to join our friendly and expanding and highly skilled team at Colchester Hospital. You will have two years’ experience of working in Endoscopy. You will be assessing, caring for and recovering patients undergoing endoscopy. You will be assisting clinicians and specialist nurses with all endoscopic procedures diagnostic and therapeutic.
Some key components of this role include:
• Deputising in the absence of the Endoscopy Manager
• Working closely with Endoscopists and the multidisciplinary team to deliver high quality, patient centred care.
• Be an effective coordinator - creating a fair daily allocation, manage staff to deliver a seamless and effective working day
• To lead in the procedure room as an expert in delivering a wide range of advanced therapeutic endoscopic intervention including management of a GI Bleeds
• To support the endoscopy manager with creating a skilled Endoscopy workforce. Monitor standards of nursing care and take appropriate action to maintain and improve the Endoscopy patient experience
• Manage local complaints or PALS complaints as they occur and take action to resolve before escalation to the Endoscopy Manager
• Take the lead in training and development of staff and appraisals & taking the lead in the Decontamination process in Endoscopy
•Participate in the GI Bleed On-call rota
We at Colchester are committed to supporting your growth and personal development and welcome your ideas and innovation. The successful applicant will be required to support service development initiatives.
The Colchester Endoscopy Department has three procedure rooms. We provide the following full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including; Upper and Lower GI Endoscopy – Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopies, ERCPs and Bronchoscopy Services. We also provide pH & manometry and capsule Endoscopy. We are part of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Programme.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).